Let’s be honest. Everyone loves to talk about wine, but no one wants to talk about compliance. It’s a necessary part of doing business, but it’s not where wine professionals want to devote their time. Attending a one- or two-day event focused on compliance lets professionals learn about the latest trends and upcoming changes in a single setting. The 2022 Sovos ShipCompliant Wine Summit in Napa offers attendees an opportunity to learn about changes in the sale and distribution of wines. It provides wine professionals with a chance to meet others in the industry. Connecting with owners and suppliers extends everyone’s network.
What is the Sovos ShipCompliant Wine Summit?
Sovos ShipCompliant offers a direct-to-consumer shipping compliance and management solution for the alcohol industry. Every year, the company sponsors a summit to discuss the latest concerns, trends, and regulations of the wine industry. Wine professionals gather for one and a half days of education and networking. Interacting with other wine professionals creates a collaborative environment where everyone leaves a little wiser and more informed. This year’s summit is an in-person event in Napa where the following operational topics will be discussed:
- What are the best practices for staying in compliance?
- How to set up a compliance team for success?
- What are the best ways to ensure accurate order fulfillment?
- What reports are needed?
- Why you need delivery metrics?
Industry leaders will discuss the impact trends such as diversity and sustainability will have on wineries. They will also address the need for innovation and agility in the direct-to-consumer space. Other areas of discussion will include:
- Regulatory and Compliance in 2022
- What Wine Drinkers Want from Wineries
- State of the Industry
Attendees will leave the summit with a comprehensive knowledge of where the industry is going and what compliance changes are coming.
What Will Be Discussed?
Compliance changes are at the top of the agenda. Every state has different requirements and staying on top of them is a full-time job. Knowing the requirements is only the beginning. Processes must be put into place to ensure all shipments comply. That’s one key advantage of attending the summit. Sovos ShipCompliant stays informed on what the latest compliance changes are for each state.
For example, Texas made a change to its licensing that took effect on September 1, 2021. Although the law was initiated in 2019, many wineries were unaware of its impact. Attending events such as the Wine Summit ensures wineries are up-to-date on what changes are coming.
Sustainability is a concern for every industry, but wineries have an added incentive. Not only is sustainability an agricultural concern, but it is also a sales trend. More wine drinkers are deciding to support brands that share their values for a sustainable future. Younger consumers are more likely to purchase products from companies that demonstrate a proactive approach to environmental concerns and social responsibility.
During the summit, Sandra Taylor, CEO of Sustainable Business International LLC, will discuss the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) landscape in the food and beverage sector. ESG-related issues are becoming a crucial element of consumer buying and investor dollars.
For ShipCompliant users, Sovos will reveal their latest updates and answer end-user questions. Third-party partners will be available to answer questions about how their products integrate with ShipCompliant software.
For example, Wineshipping provides logistics for direct-to-consumer fulfillment. As a gold sponsor of the Wine Summit, the company will be available to discuss how its services can help wineries of all sizes and demonstrate how it integrates with the Sovos solution.
Who Will Attend?
Wine professionals throughout Napa Valley and beyond will attend. Third-party suppliers will be available to discuss their products and services. Plus a number of industry experts will be speaking or hosting sessions. These include:
- Sandra Taylor is CEO of Sustainable Business International LLC. The consulting firm guides wineries as they travel the ESG landscape. She was a senior executive with Starbucks and authored The Business of Sustainable Wine.
- Lia Jones founded the nonprofit Diversity in Wine and Spirits. She is a leading DEI professional for the industry with professional certification in Diversity and Inclusion from Cornell.
- Rachel Woods, better known as the Wine Nerd, established Vinebase as a distribution channel for wineries. When in-person wine purchasing was suspended, she created the e-commerce platform to connect wine lovers with wineries.
- Ed Feuchek is the general manager of the Farm Collective Napa Valley. He has led creative, strategic, and technical initiatives for multiple wineries. Noted for his renegade marketing, Ed brings a unique perspective to marketing success.
- Steve Gross serves as Vice President of State Relations at the Wine Institute. With 30 years of experience, Steve is at the center of legislative and regulatory activities across the Institute’s six regions.
Wine Summit 2022 provides an exceptional opportunity to meet and mingle with some of the most knowledgeable people in the business.
Why You Should Attend
No matter how much vintners want to focus on making wine, sharing their wines requires a comprehensive understanding of state regulations when shipping direct to consumers. The 2022 Wine Summit is an excellent venue for gaining valuable industry knowledge and meeting others who are as passionate about wine as you are. It’s an event that lets attendees immerse themselves in everything wine.
A successful winery also needs access to third-party suppliers to help with services such as logistics. How quickly your wine arrives and in what condition has a lot to do with how a winery is perceived. Attending 2022 Wine Summit puts you in touch with logistics services such as Wineshipping.
Wineshipping has a nationwide network of warehouses that enable fast and reliable delivery to your customers. Incorporating technology into its delivery system makes warehousing and delivering wines run smoothly. As a ShipCompliant platinum certified integrated provider, Wineshipping ensures that information is available to manage and monitor compliance. Stop by our display to learn more about how we can help your winery grow.
See you at the 2022 Sovos ShipCompliant Wine Summit!